Blog Archive

Monday, December 12, 2011

Dr. Heiner Flassbeck: Low Wages and Beggar Thy Neighbor

Class War: Low Wages and Beggar Thy Neighbor

by Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism, December 12, 2011
I hope readers forgive me for not posting myself tonight. I not only have a lot of good guest contributions, but Philip Pilkington called my attention to this presentation by Dr. Heiner Flassbeck, a former deputy secretary in the German Ministry of Finance and currently chief economist the UN agency for World Trade and Development in Geneva. Even though I feature videos from time to time, I thought this one was particularly worthy of reader attention.
Don’t be deceived. The talk starts out a bit dry, but Dr. Flassbeck builds up a real head of steam as he gets into his material.





Link:  http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/12/class-war-low-wages-and-beggar-thy-neighbor.html

No comments: