Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tim Pawlenty again denies the fact of global warming, spouts the usual fossil-fuel industry talking points

PAWLENTY DENIES GLOBAL WARMING: ‘THE SCIENCE IS BAD’ [WRONG] | Appearing on "Fox & Friends," this morning, Republican presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty claimed that “the science is bad” [wrong] on manmade climate change, then saying “the reality is the science indicates most of it, if not all of it, is caused by natural causes [wrong].” He “denounced” his former support for efforts to combat this threat to human civilization. Watch it:



Transcript:
KILMEADE: Club for Growth had a problem with your cap and trade.
PAWLENTY: I’ve got a problem with my cap and trade stance. I denounced it. I looked at it as almost every major candidate in the race did. I’m the one that gets asked about it. But more importantly, several years ago, two years ago, I said it’s a bad idea. I was wrong. I’m sorry, and I issued a statement.
DOOCY: It’s okay to change your mind.
PAWLENTY: It also was a bad idea and I recognized that so I’ve denounced that position.
KILMEADE: Governor Huntsman said the same thing but for different reasons. He endorsed it and was supportive of it. He said with our economic situation right now, now is not the time. That's different from what you’re saying.
PAWLENTY: I denounced it for a variety of reasons, one of which is the science is bad [wrong] and it’s in great dispute [wrong].
KILMEADE: Do you think there is no such thing as global warming? Do you think that’s trumped up by people who want to get on the green agenda?
PAWLENTY: I’m old enough to remember when people were predicting there was going to be the next ice age [wrong]. Until recently people were worried as much about global cooling [wrong]. There is climate change but the reality is the science indicates most of it, if not all of it, is caused by natural causes [wrong]. And as to the potential human contribution to that, there’s a great scientific dispute [wrong] about that very issue.
DOOCY: You’re exactly right. [no, he's wrong]
by Brad Johnson, ClimateProgress Green, June 28, 2011

http://thinkprogress.org/green/2011/06/28/256220/pawlenty-denies-global-warming-the-science-is-bad/

No comments: