Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Elisabeth Rosenthal follows in Andrew Revkin's footsteps down the path of corrupted pseudoscience "journalism" for Exxon-Mobil's minion, The New York Times, quoting Monckton and Pielke, Jr.

Well, somebody had to do it, I guess.

Now that Andrew Revkin has gone off to academia (or has he? really?  Dot Earth continues at The New York Times as a platform for the global warming denialists, both the fossil-fuel industry paid variety and the useful idiots), Exxon-Mobil's minion, The New York Times, had to find someone to fill his place, to write crap about real scientists, backed up by quotes from the worst of the worst sort of pseudoscientists like Monckton, who isn't even a climatologist of any stripe, and the infamous Roger Pielke, Jr., who purports to be a political scientist but who spends his time working for the global warming denialists.



Elisabeth, get out of there while you still can.  This article has destroyed your journalistic credibility in one fell swoop.

Your article is crap and you know it.  If you don't know it, then God help you.


http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/09/science/earth/09climate.html


Find Joe Romm's take on this #$%@#@*% at:


http://climateprogress.org/2010/02/09/new-york-times-elisabeth-rosenthal-unbalanced-climate-coverage-ipcc-pachauri/#comment-261606

4 comments:

Ron Taylor said...

I must admit that I felt the same as Joe when I saw that she was quoting Monckton, who is a total fraud. Why would a responsible journalist do that? The Pielke, Jr. quote bothered me, but not as much as Monckton. And these were the dominate quotes, so there was no balance at all to the article. It was a missed teaching moment.

Tenney Naumer said...

Dear Ron,

Patrick Michaels is probably the most evil of them all, and when Andy Revkin leads with him, no one said anything.

This leads me to believe that there is a gender bias among men, causing them to be too uncomfortable with criticizing someone like Revkin.

Sorry, but I saw it occur so often that he wrote similar articles, and did all these public figures rise up and call him on it? No!

At to a "teaching moment," this was a deliberate teaching moment meant to confuse the public on behalf of Exxon-Mobil.

You need to understand that The New York Times has been a tool for Exxon-Mobil for some years now.

Ron Taylor said...

Tenney, I have been critical of Revkin on his own blog. I too was appalled that he quoted Michaels, though I still think Monckton is worse.

Hey, I am on your side!

Tenney Naumer said...

I know, I know, I know, Ron, it is just that I have been sitting at this keyboard over 8 hours a day for more than two years at considerable financial loss to my family, and all to see Exxon-Mobil and the rest of the immoral criminals winning while the world is being destroyed. Just go and watch a recent video of Dr. Hansen when he talks about his grandchildren. You can see the pain in the back of his eyes. We are so toast, and I truly hope these professional deniers all go to jail, someday, and stay there for the rest of their lives.