Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

COP 15 UN Delegates Demand UN Members To Stop Blocking UNFCCC Plenary

COP 15 UN Delegates Demand UN Members To Stop Blocking UNFCCC Plenary


OK, I don't have any idea what the UNFCCC Plenary is at COP15, but regardless, I am glad to see youth protesting and speaking out. Civil protest has been sadly lacking during all the Cheney/Bush years. Last year, my daughter went to an anti-war protest at a university with an enrollment of 20,000 students and only 8 people showed up.

My daughter is 24 years old. This entire mess will engulf her generation. My generation was the "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry Generation." We had it all and we didn't even know it.

If her generation doesn't continue to get out there in greater and greater numbers with louder and louder voices, then change will not come.

No comments: