Today we sent Freedom of Information (FOIA) requests to the home institutions of several prominent global warming skeptics. The request letters were sent to various state governors’ offices and state universities, as well as to the Smithsonian Institute, seeking information on scientists who are employees or former employees of these institutions.
The FOIA filings request a listing of all grants in support of research, copies of conflict of interest and outside income disclosures, copies of all email sent and received, and copies of CVs on file with the institutions.
Several of these individuals have been very vocal commentators over the past month in response to the story of the stolen or hacked email from the Climate Research Unit of the University of East Anglia. Other individuals are the subject of emails within the stolen CRU cache.
We at PolluterWatch believe in transparency and freedom of information and think it is only fair that the public get an equal viewing of the email from the other side of the coin.
The FOIA requests were sent to:
- Dr. Patrick Micheals, recently retired from University of Virginia
- Dr. David Legates, University of Delaware and Delaware State Climatologist
- Dr. John Christy and Roy Spencer, University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Dr. Willie Soon and Dr. Sallie Baliunas, Harvard Smithsonian Astrophysics Research Center
- Dr. Fred Singer, Professor Emeritus at the University of Virginia